To upgrade the firmware on the QBraille XL, please complete the following steps in order.
- Plug in your AC adapter to the QBraille XL, ensuring it is connected to power.
- Download the latest QBraille XL firmware to your computer. The download will consist of a zip file.
- After downloading the zip file, extract that zip file to you SD Card.
- NOTE: At this point, you should have a folder called “apps” and 3 other files on the root of your SD card, meaning this folder and these files should not be in any folders on the SD Card.
- Place the SD card in the QBraille.
- Reset the QBraille with a pointed instrument, like a stylus, by pressing the reset button on the back panel on the right-hand side.
- The QBraille will beep and display HIMS.
- After about 20 seconds or so, the QBraille will display “system upgrade…” and will begin displaying upgrading along with a percentage.
- Once the upgrade is complete, the unit will restart and place you back at the main menu.
If you have followed these steps and your firmware has not upgraded, you can contact HIMS technical support at email@example.com.