Step 1: Install the driver to your computer.
- From the computer you are going to use with the QBraille and JAWS, download the driver for JAWS using this link: https://www.hims-inc.com/usbdriver.
- If you are asked to Save or Run, choose Save.
- After saving, extract the Zip file.
- Follow the Installation Wizard.
- Once completed, click “Finish” to close.
Step 2: Setup Jaws on your Computer
- Open JAWS
- Open the Braille dialog box found under “Options” (JAWS Shortcut keys: Alt, O, L).
- Move to “Add Braille Display” by tabbing.
- From the list of braille displays, choose “Braille Edge” by placing a checkmark in the associated checkbox.
- Set the “output port” to USB using your keyboard arrows to change the selection in the dropdown.
- Press Enter to move to the next screen.
- Set the “Primary Device” to Braille Edge by using your keyboard arrows to change the selection in the dropdown.
- Press Enter to save your settings.
- Press Enter to close the dialog box stating you must restart JAWS.
- Close JAWS with Alt + F4
Step 3: Connect the QBraille to JAWS
- Power on the QBraille.
- Plug in the provided USB to the QBraille and the computer.
- Open the “Connectivity” menu by pressing the letter C.
- If applicable, change the connection setting to “USB” by pressing Space on the QBraille.
- Press Enter to begin the connection.