- Download the BrailleEdge Firmware.
- Extract the ZIP file. You will see a single .bin file.
- Copy this .bin file to the root of a SD card.
- Insert the SD card into the Braille EDGE 40.
- Hold down “F8” while pressing the “reset” button. (NOTE: It is NOT necessary to hold down reset.)
- Continue holding “F8” until the Braille EDGE 40 speaks, “Start system update”.
- The Braille EDGE 40 plays progress sounds to indicate that something is happening.
- The Braille EDGE 40 says, “Update Success” and then restarts itself after 10 seconds.
BrailleEdge 40 - Updating Firmware
Last updated on March 16, 2021